The 7 Steps (or Blessings) in a Hindu Wedding Ceremony Frame
Saptapadi is the most important ritual of a Hindu marriage ceremony. The word means “Seven steps”. The newlywed couple circle around the holy fire four times with their wedding scarves tied together.
The four circles symbolize the four basic human goals of Dharma, Artha, Karma and Moksha.
- Dharma - Religeon and Ethics
- Artha - Wealth and Prosperity
- Karma - Love, Fertility and Family
- Moksha - Spiritual Liberation and Salvation
The bride and groom then take seven steps together representing the vows and promises they are making to each other.that is called Saptapadi. After the seventh step, the couple legally become husband and wife.
A traditional Hindu wedding ceremony is elaborate and complex, incorporating fifteen specific rituals. There are no vows in the Western sense, but the Seven Steps, or Saptha Padhi, around a flame (honouring the fire god Agni) spell out the promises the couple makes to each other:
Please Note: All items are handmade, therefore subtle changes will be visible.
- - Box Frame A4
- - Free standing or hook to attach to a wall
- - Professionally printed onto 300gsm
- - Carefully packaged in bubble wrap for protection
- - Posted in a hard box to avoid damage
- - Lead time is two weeks for design and completion.
- - Estimated delivery time for the UK is 3 - 5 business days.
Designed, manufactured and packaged by hand in the UK.