Guru Ravi Dass Pink Including Mool Mantar Options
A beautiful framed print of Guru Ravi Dass.
Ravidas was an Indian mystic poet-sant of the Bhakti movement during the 15th to 16th century CE. Venerated as a guru (teacher) in the region of Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh, the devotional songs of Ravidas have had a lasting impact upon the bhakti movement. He was a poet-saint, social reformer and a spiritual figure.
The life details of Ravidas are uncertain and contested. Scholars believe he was born at 1371 CE, in a family that worked with dead animals' skins to produce leather products. If tradition and medieval era texts are to be believed, then Ravidas was one of the disciples of the bhakti saint-poet Ramananda and a contemporary of the bhakti saint-poet Kabir.
Ravidas' devotional songs were included in the Sikh scriptures, Guru Granth Sahib. The Panch Vani text of the Dadupanthi tradition within Hinduism also includes numerous poems of Ravidas.
Ravidas taught removal of social divisions of caste and gender, and promoted unity in the pursuit of personal spiritual freedoms.
Please Note: All items are handmade, therefore subtle changes will be visible.
- - Square Frame external dimensions 25x25cm
- - Comes with Glass
- - Made from Wood
- - Free standing or hook to attach to a wall
- - Professionally printed onto 300gsm
- - Carefully packaged in bubble wrap for protection
- - Posted in a hard box to avoid damage
- - Lead time is two weeks for design and completion.
- - Estimated delivery time for the UK is 3 - 5 business days.
Designed, manufactured and packaged by hand in the UK.